Planned release date: August 6, 2019
NEW FEATURES & ENHANCEMENTS
New! – Student Enrollment Analysis Report (All Customers): This new report includes child’s name, DOB, age, classroom and tracking item (like part time, full time or however you’ve got tracking set up). Go to Reports > Standard Reports > Family Data > Tracking > Student Enrollment Analysis. [ref: 2819]
New! – 7 Day Agency Aging Reports (All Customers): This new, 7-day aging report lets you easily track outstanding balances due from agencies that have a bi-weekly payment cycle. There is a single center version and a corporate version. [ref: 2253 and 2254]
- For single centers, go to Reports > Standard Reports > Agency Accounting > Account Aging > Agency Accounts @ 7 Day Aging.
- For multiple locations, go to Corporate Reports > Standard Reports > Agency Accounting > Account Aging > Agency Accounts @ 7 Day Aging.
Enhanced – Child Contract Billing Summary (All Customers): Added child’s age, a head count at the bottom of report, a subtotal under each cycle (weekly, monthly, etc.) for each child, and a total for each cycle at the bottom. Go to Reports > Standard Reports > Family Accounting > Billing Box > Child Contract Billing Summary. [ref: 2820]
Enhanced – KidReports Attendance Sync Settings (Customers with both Procare and KidReports)
Although many customers appreciate syncing child attendance from Procare to KidReports, in some cases people prefer to turn off this feature to let the teachers check children into KidReports separately. With this release, the KidReports Extra now has the option to turn attendance sync ON or OFF by location. See articles: KidReports Attendance Sync and Turn Off Attendance Sync. [ref: 678]
Enhanced – Listen360 Add-on (Customers with both Procare and a Listen360 account)
When using Listen360 as your customer feedback system, this free Procare “Extra” lets you transmit data from Procare to Listen360. In this release, we’ve added information to the data sent to Listen360 to indicate whether each contact person is: a primary payer, an emergency contact, an authorized pickup, and whether the child lives with them. See: Using the Listen360 Extra. [ref: 3220]
Enhanced – Keyless Entry System (Customers with Procare’s Keyless Entry System) [ref: 1553]
- Added the ability to give each keypad a name. This is helpful when you have more than one Keyless Entry device; for example, one at the “front door” and another at the “back door”. See: Enable Keyless Entry & Set Options.
- Added a report to show which codes have been transmitted to the keypad. There is a single center version and a corporate version.
- For single centers, go to Reports > Standard Reports > Family Data > Keyless Entry System > Keyless Entry System Transmitted Codes.
- For multiple locations, go to Corporate Reports > Standard Reports > Family Data > Keyless Entry System > Keyless Entry System Transmitted Codes..
FIXED & RESOLVED ISSUES
Reports & Data Viewer
- Royalties Reports (All Customers): Fixed an issue that could cause the Staff Information section to show all zeros and changed the Enrollment section to include only changes in enrollment (during the dates of the report), rather than all enrollment. You’ll find these reports under Reports > Standard Reports > Family Accounting > Charge/Credit Summary. See: How to Use Royalties Reports. [ref: 2314]
- Corporate Reports (Customers with Multiple Locations): Fixed an issue where the report named Primary Accounts @ 30 Day Aging was incorrectly limited to including information from the current school location only, rather than all locations. You’ll find this report under Corporate Reports > Standard Reports > Family Accounting > Account Aging w/ Tracking. [ref: 1765]
- Corporate Data Viewer (Customers with Multiple Locations): Fixed an issue with the view named Deposit Payment Information where entries from third-party agency ledger cards did not show a Deposit Post Date or a Deposit Report ID (deposit report number). You’ll find this ‘view’ under Corporate Reports > Data Viewer > Family Accounting. [ref: 1646]
- MyProcare Import (Cloud Customers) – Fixed an issue that prevented some families/children from being imported after re-registration. The error read: “There was (1) Account that encountered an error and was not imported. Failure while processing package for import”. [ref: 933]
- Error Deleting an Unassigned Person (Cloud Customers) – Fixed an issue where attempting to delete an “unassigned person” from within Procare could result in an “SQL Server Connectivity Issue” error if a person had an alert set to appear in the MyProcare parent portal. The error read, in part: “The DELETE statement conflicted with the REFERENCE constraint FK_PP_AlertPerson_G_Person…” See also: Unassigned People. [ref: 2703]
- Procare Setup Wizard – Fixed an issue in the Procare Setup Wizard, that could cause an error at the very end when choosing Save & Exit. The error read, in part: “Procare.DataTypes.DataAccessLayerException – Error in loading variable…” See also: Setup Wizard. [ref: 2689]