Procare v10 Technical Information
Minimum Computer Requirement
- Processor: 1GHz or higher x86 (32-bit) or x64 (AMD64 or Intel EM64T) processor required [Note: IA64 (Itanium) not supported]
- Memory: 1 GB (2GB recommended)
- Free Hard Drive Space: 2 GB (1 GB for client only)
- Network Card (NIC) required
- Monitor Display for Procare itself: 800 x 600, 256 colors (1024 x 768 high color, 16-bit or more highly recommended)
- Monitor Display for a Check In Computer: 800 x 576, 256 colors
Prerequisites: When installing a download of Procare, say for Data Hosting on Windows Server2008, there are required Microsoft/Windows items to install first (does not apply when installing from CD). See: Required Before Installation.
Operating System: Compatible with the following 32 and 64-bit versions of Windows. For the best experience, make sure all Windows Updates have been installed.
Email To send outgoing email through Procare you must use:
- Outlook 2007 or higher (Outlook Express is not compatible)
- Or a third party email provider, like gmail, that supports outbound SMTP mail. See: Email Settings
Application / Database
Data Hosting The Data hosting service lets you access information from any Procare computer with a high speed internet connection (home, office, laptop, etc.). Data is stored on Procare's secure servers and made available online - only to you.
- The primary internet connection to your facility must be WIRED using a cable modem, DSL, fiber, etc. Secondary connections may be wireless as long as they meet both bandwidth and ping requirements.
- Wireless AirCards® (3G, 4G, LTE, etc.) and satellite connections are NOT supported.
- Bandwidth & Ping Rate >> Test Your Bandwidth & Ping Rate <<
- Maximum "ping" rate to a server in Southern Oregon: 80 ms (milliseconds).
- Minimum available bandwidth: download 1.5 Mbps (1,500 kbps), upload 0.5 Mbps (512 kbps).
Important! If cameras or other devices/programs share your bandwidth, you may not have enough available bandwidth for Procare to run effectively. Be sure you have enough total bandwidth to accommodate your needs. You may need 2 internet connections: one for those devices and a second for normal web traffic, including Procare.
- Data Hosting is NOT COMPATIBLE with Terminal Services or any version of Microsoft Windows Server.
- Centralized database capability (multiple locations hosted in one database).
- Requires Procare client software to access database - not exposed through a simple file share.
- Database does not store any credit card or bank account numbers.
- Hierarchical configuration with granular control over User Groups and permissions.
- Passwords created by each individual user (not by a supervisor) and are never visible to anyone.
- System Supervisor can see who’s logged in and from where they are logged in.
- System Supervisor can kick connected users / send a log off request.
- Note: Whether they are kicked off or sent a request depends what screen the user is on. They can be kicked from a main screen, like the main screen of Family Data & Accounting; however, if they are performing a task (Ledger Card screen, Time Card screen, etc. is open) then a request is sent telling them to log off. An alternative is to stop/restart the Licensing Service which will cause everyone to be disconnected.
File Location: Procare is installed to the 'Program Files' directory on drive C of the local machine, for example C:\Program Files\Procare. Note: If you are using your own SQL Server (rather than the supplied SQL Express Edition) the database will install to the default location configured within SQL (beginning in version 10.1.3720).
How is it installed? Installation is based on the ‘‘role’’ each computer will play. A computer will either host the data or be a client that accesses the data. Some computers will play both roles.
Single Computer Only Roles: both host and client (install database server, licensing server, and client software) Note: By default, this local database will not be available for connection over a network - may be changed if needed.
Peer Network - Roles: peer server = both host and client (install database server, licensing server, and client software) other computers = client (install client software only)
Server Based Network - Roles: dedicated server = host (install database server & licensing server) other computers = client (install client software only)
Wide Area Network - Roles: dedicated server = host (install database server & licensing server) other computers = client (install minimal set of client files --- see note 1) Bandwidth for hosted data: (see above)
- Client software automatically updates based on whatever client files the server has available. This ensures all clients are running the same version.
- The firewall at the server location must allow SQL traffic as well as Procare licensing traffic. Clients maintain a constant connection to the licensing server and make/use many connections to the SQL database. See: Firewall Article
tags: KB0508, macintosh, imac