Review & Setup Data After Conversion
- Change User Groups: People who use Procare (your Procare Users) all convert as members of the "System Supervisor" user group. This is the highest level group and has unrestricted access to the system. You'll want to assign everyone, except the owner / administrator, to a lower level group with at least some limitations. Learn more about User Groups and setting up Procare Users.
- Billing: Since Billing Box information DOES NOT CONVERT you’ll need to Set Up the Billing Box for each child. Print the following report from 9.1 to help you out. General Reports > Accounting > Letter J – Family Billing Box > Contract Cycle Detail (or Billing Methods Detail). If you used both Contract Cycles and Billing Methods you’ll need both reports.
- Contacts / Pickups: Emergency Contacts, Authorized Pickups, etc. do not convert. They should be entered on the Information & Relationships screen of each child. Print the following report from 9.1. General Reports > Family Data > Letter D – Information Sheets.
- Check In ID Codes: Once Authorized Pickups have been added (including parents) you'll generate Temporary ID Numbers they will use to register for check in. ID codes from version 9.1 do not convert. Each person will choose their own codes, fingerprint, or magnetic card to use for check in depending on the settings you've selected at the Check In Options screen.
- Multiple Children: If you have any families with More than 4 Children you'll want to set each family up as a single account in v10.
- Schedules: Although each child's "current" schedule does convert you'll want to be sure the Start and End dates are appropriate. Just go to the Schedule Button of an individual child to get started. You may also want to set up Schedule Templates.
- Sample Families: If you entered sample families in v10 for practice, those families will remain even after conversion. You may wish to void any practice ledger card entries and mark those accounts as hidden, or re-use the accounts for new families by typing over the practice information with real information.
- Groups, Programs, Bus Runs: Customer Groups from 9.1 will become account Tracking Items in v10. Child Programs and Bus Runs from 9.1 will become child tracking items in v10.
- Immunizations: Be sure to Review Immunization Settings after the conversion. Child immunization records do convert along with the name of the immunization, however, the schedule of when immunizations are due does not convert.
Note: Some immunization names you convert may have similar, but not identical, names as the default immunizations in v10. For example 9.1 limited you to 8 characters so a longer name like "Varicella" may have been abbreviated to something like "Varicel". After conversion you'll have two immunizations with similar names. You’ll be able to run the Configuration Merge utility in v10 to clean up this type of situation by merging the two together.
- Duplicate Employees: The people who use Procare (known as Procare Users) are typically employees too. They might also have an account in Family Data if you offer employee child care. Each is converted as a new person in v10, so it's possible to end up with 2 or 3 occurrences of the same employee (as a Procare User, an employee, and a payer on a family account). You’ll want to merge the person records for the employee so the system recognizes them as one person. See: Remove Duplicate People.
- Duplicate Descriptions: If you set up items in v10 prior to conversion, like classroom names, charge descriptions, etc. you may end up with multiple items that have similar names. For example if you had “Infants” as a classroom in 9.1 and set up “Infant” (without an “s”) in v10, then converted, you’d end up with two classrooms that have similar names. You’ll be able to run the Configuration Merge utility in v10 to clean up this type of situation by merging the two together.
- Configure Payroll Withholdings: If you are using the Payroll module you will have already downloaded tax formulas. Next you'll set up withholding formulas for general items like employee child care, health insurance, retirement plans, etc. You can Download Formulas for common types of withholdings such as these. Another option is to Create Withholding Formulas on your own.
- Assign Payroll Withholdings, etc.: Once all withholding formulas are configured you'll assign the appropriate Withholdings & Variables and Reimbursements to each employee.
- Beginning Balances for the Expenses & Ledger module must be entered. See: Beginning Balances After Conversion
tags: converted data missing, ID codes not converted, missing billing, agency conversion, agency data