Depending on the amount of use, the reader window will pick up dirt and salts from fingers over time and will need to be cleaned periodically.
- Apply the sticky side of a piece of scotch tape on the window and peel it away.
- If necessary, gently dab the window (do not wipe) with a soft cloth (not paper) dampened with a mild ammonia-based glass cleaner to remove any milky haze.
Never do the following:
- DO NOT clean the reader window with paper
- DO NOT pour glass cleaner directly on the reader window
- DO NOT use alcohol-based cleaners
- DO NOT submerge the reader in liquid