For Procare Cloud Customers: We’ll convert your data to Procare from SchoolLeader. Follow these instructions ONLY if you received a link to this page from Procare; otherwise, please Contact Procare Support for assistance.
Step 1: Prepare Your Data
Prepare the data in your current program so it is ready for conversion.
These steps are specific to SchoolLeader:
- Close your Deposits in SchoolLeader.
- Close the Accounting Period: If you are converting from SchoolLeader, it’s important that you close the Accounting Period so each family’s balance is correctly calculated. To get there in SchoolLeader, go to Accounting > Accounts Receivable > Close A/R Accounting Period. For details see: SchoolLeader Help – Closing the Accounting Period.
- Immunizations/Vaccinations: If you are converting from SchoolLeader, please make sure the Student Vaccine Schedule has each shot in a sequence named exactly the same; for example, you’ll want 3 occurrences of DTap to be named DTap, DTap, DTap (all the same) and not DTap1, DTap2, DTap3 (all different). This applies to each of your Vaccine Descriptions. To get there in SchoolLeader, go to Families > Student Vaccine Compliance > Edit Student Vaccine Schedule. For details see: SchoolLeader Help – Vaccine Schedules.
These steps apply to all conversions:
- Active/Inactive Families: Make sure all families are correctly marked as active or inactive or whatever terminology your current program uses.
- Note: Families that have any child who has been assigned an “Enrolled” date in SchoolLeader, but no “Start” date, will convert as an active family. If you have any children listed as enrolled who are not expected to attend in the future, you must enter a withdraw date to prevent the family from being converted as active.
- Enroll/Withdraw Dates: Make sure all enrolled children have an enrollment date and all withdrawn children have a withdraw date, even if the family is inactive.
- Date of Birth: Make sure the date of birth has been entered for each child.
- Separate People: Each parent/guardian should be entered as their own separate person. In other words, don’t enter a married couple as though they are a single person named “John & Mary Smith”. Enter them as “John Smith” and “Mary Smith”.
- Employment Dates: Make sure all staff members have a hire date. For staff who have left, they should have a termination date.
Step 2: We’ll Convert Your Data
We’ll convert your data at the scheduled time shown in your welcome email. The steps above MUST be completed by 6:00 a.m. Pacific Time (9:00 a.m. Eastern) on that day!
Step 3: Install Procare Cloud
- Download and install Procare Cloud. You’ll need the Installation Key Number from your “Welcome” email.
- You’ll receive a setup call from Procare. Refer to your email for specifics.
- We’ll help you:
- log in for the first time.
- configure and set up Procare
- validate the data that converts over
- And schedule a time for your live webinar training.
- We’ll help you:
Now that your data has been converted, you’re ready to learn how to set up and use Procare..