Use the Late Payment Calculator to charge a fixed amount or a percentage of each family’s past due balance.
Process Late Payment Fees
- At the Late Payment Calculator screen:
- Choose a Post Date. This is the date the transaction will be recorded on the Account Ledger Card.
- Choose a Description for the charge, like “Late Payment”. You may set a default charge description in the Family Accounting section of Region & School Options.
- Enter a Comment to further describe this item, if needed.
- Enter a balance and an “as of” date. For example, you may want to charge everyone with a balance over 50.00 as of Monday the 1st, or to charge all accounts who owe you money, enter a balance of zero.
- Enter a percentage and/or a fixed amount to charge. The higher of the two will be charged, for example: 3% or 10.00.
Hint: To always charge a percentage, leave the amount field at zero. To always charge a flat amount, leave the percentage at zero.
- Click Next.
- Select the accounts you wish to process or place a check in the column header to include all accounts.
Note: Accounts shown in italics with a grayed light bulb indicate Hidden Accounts.
- Change the amount to charge if needed, then click Post > Exit.
View or Void a Previous Late Payment Billing
- At the Late Payment Calculator screen a list of recent billing batches will be displayed under the heading Late Payment Billing History. Dbl-click the line you wish to view or void.
- At the Batch Detail screen you’ll see all items that were part of that batch. If needed you may void the entire batch at once – just click Void Batch. A void will appear on each Ledger Card that was included in the batch.
- Click Exit to return to the main Late Payment Calculator screen. Click Exit again.