Procare Client Patch
Important! During installation of the patch you’ll be asked to restart your computer. In some cases this happens over and over. You’ll restart and it asks you to restart again. If you experience this symptom follow the steps outlined in this article on How to Solve the Restart Issue.
This patch upgrades files for check-in computers used for children or staff. If you have questions, contact Procare Technical Support.
Before You Begin
- If you haven’t already done so you must first run the Server Patch on your main computer (server).
- Note: If you’re using the Procare Cloud Service the server patch does not apply.
- Then go to the computer that runs the check-in software. Log on to the computer as a Local Administrator to install the patch.
- If you haven’t already done so you must open the Check In program or Procare itself. This will update the client files to version 10.2 and prompt you to download the Client Patch (if needed).
- Continue with the instructions below then repeat for any other computers that run the check-in software.
Step 1 – Download the Patch
Be sure you are at a computer that runs the check-in software. Log on to the computer as a Local Administrator to install the patch. Click on the link below and choose to “Save”. Select a location on your server’s hard drive where you can easily locate the file like your “Desktop” or “My Documents”.
Step 2 – Run the Patch
- Browse to the location where you downloaded the patch. Dbl-click the file named “client_patch.exe” and follow the prompts.
- Once the patch has uninstalled old files you will be prompted to RESTART YOUR COMPUTER. When the computer has restarted you’ll automatically return to the patch installation screen to complete the process.
- If a fingerprint reader is connected to this computer the Windows Add New Hardware Wizard may come up at the end of the patch install. If so, just click Cancel to close the wizard.
- Repeat these steps for any other computers that run the Check In or Time Clock software.
- Once the Procare client patch has been installed you may open the check-in software and are ready to check in/out again.