Certain touch drivers included with “optional” Windows Updates may cause the touch feature of the Procare Touch Computer to stop working.
Procare has been informed by Touch Dynamic Corporation (makers of the Procare Touch Computer) that an incorrect touch screen driver is included in Microsoft Windows “Optional Updates”, which overwrites the correct driver. This causes the touch functionality of the computer to stop working.
Install Important Windows Updates Only
To avoid this issue, please only install the “Important updates” and not the “Optional updates”.
How Do I Fix the Touch Screen Driver?
If your touch functionality stops working after installing Windows Updates you can fix the problem by installing the correct driver from Touch Dynamic as follows:
- Download the Touch Dynamic driver.
- Unzip the file and run setup.exe.
- It may ask if you want to uninstall previous versions, if so choose Yes. You will be required to reboot your computer. After reboot, run setup.exe again. It should find the device on COM5.
- Important! You must uncheck USB on the TouchUtility Setup “Options” screen.
- Once installation is complete, reboot the computer again.
- Open the TouchUtility software (under Start > Programs). Choose ‘Device’ and run the 3 Point Calibration. Note: 9 point also works fine.