In some cases when installing the Client Patch for version 10.2 you may find that you are asked to restart the computer over and over. If that happens follow these steps to get the patch successfully installed.
You try to install the Client Patch for version 10.2 on your check in computer (or computer with an attached Time Clock). During the installation it asks you to restart your computer. This is normal if it happens just once, however, if the computer restarts then takes you through the same steps and asks you to restart over and over again you’ll need to take the steps outlined below.
The patch is not able to successfully uninstall certain drivers related to the fingerprint reader (biometric ID pad). This may happen regardless of whether you have a fingerprint reader connected to the computer or not.
You’ll need to manually uninstall the Digital Persona Drivers then run the patch again.
- Go to the Add/Remove Programs area on your computer. Depending on which version of Windows you have the steps may vary slightly.
- For Windows 7 or Vista go to Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features.
- For Windows XP go to Start > Settings > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs.
- Select the item named “Digital Persona OneTouch” and choose to Uninstall (or Remove).
- When the uninstall is complete you’ll need to restart your computer.
- Once the computer starts back up run the Client Patch again. In most cases this will be successful and you will not be asked to restart again.
- The Check In program or Time Clock software should run fine now.