Procare Network Status
- – Operational
- – Maintenance
- – Issue
Known Issues and Resolutions
During peak times some Cloud customers are seeing delays when parents attempt to check children in/out. This is most often experienced as a delay between the time a parent uses their fingerprint (or PIN plus password) and the time the children’s name appears on the screen. A white screen sometimes appears during this delay. In extreme cases the delay may cause the check-in/out program to close (it may say “disconnected from licensing’), in which case the check-in program must be restarted.
- One workaround is to use the Receptionist Check-In feature, rather than having parents check the children in—during times of heavy use.
- Another option is to use printed sign-in sheets (go to Reports > Standard Reports > Family Data > Sign In/Out Sheets) and later record the times using either Batch Check In/Out (for either “In” or “Out” times) or Batch Post Time Card (for both “In” and “Out” at the same time).
Updated 10/22/2018. We are in the process of adding additional servers to the Procare Cloud and will begin spreading customers out across these new servers over the next several weeks. This will to greatly improve the check-in experience and overall performance of using Procare on the Cloud. These changes will take place automatically without any action required on your part. This page will be updated as more information becomes available. Thank you for your patience as we resolve this issue.
When using Data Viewer to run the new view called Child All Enrollment Status, you get the following error: “SQL Server Connectivity Issue – String or binary data would be truncated. The statement has been terminated.”
This happens when one or more of your Child Relationships descriptions is more than 25 characters long. Most descriptions, like “Mother” or “Father” are short; however, something like “Neighbor, Friend, Acquaintance”—all entered as one long description—would cause the error to occur.
Error on “Child All Enrollment Status” Data View
Steps to Solve this Issue:
A temporary workaround for this issue is to shorten any long descriptions for Child Relationships to be 25 characters or less.
- From the Procare Home screen go to Configuration > System > Data Management > Status & Relationships and double-click Child Relationships.
- Look for any items under the Description heading that appear to be long. Hint: You may need to scroll down or use the Report button to print a complete list.
- Change any long descriptions so they are 25 characters or less. Then, click Save > Exit.
Procare is working on a long-term fix, so that the Data View called Child All Enrollment Status can accomodate longer descriptions. We expect this fix to be in our next regularly scheduled update.