Run the compatibility check for Procare version 10.3 on each computer that will use Procare.
For Procare Cloud customers, please use requirements for a “client” computer.
- Minimum 1.4 gigahertz (GHz) x86 (32-bit) for client.
- Recommended for client (required for server) 2.0 gigahertz (GHz) or better x64 (64-bit) processor.
- Minimum 1 gigabyte (GB).
- Recommended 2 gigabyte (GB).
Hard Drive (available disk space)
- Minimum 2 GB for a full install, 1 GB for a client.
- Recommended 4 GB for a full install, 1 GB for a client.
- A network Card (NIC) is required for installation.
- Procare (client): 1024x768, 16-bit color (or higher), 12” screen (or larger).
- Check-in computer (client): 800x576, 256 colors (or higher), 8” screen (or larger).
Procare is compatible with the following 64-bit and 32-bit versions of Windows for client computers (servers require 64-bit).
- Recommended: Windows 10 version 1607 (Anniversary Update) or higher. Note: Windows 10 S is NOT supported.
- Other supported systems:
Important Notes about Windows
- Windows Updates! Please be sure all Windows updates have been installed prior to installing Procare.
- Domain Controllers! Do NOT install Procare on a domain controller (DC). See: Microsoft KB2032911.
- Windows Betas: Beta versions of Windows are NOT supported.
Application / Database Requirements
- .Net Framework 4.7.1
- SQL Native Client 11.3.6500
- SQL 2008 SP2 (SQL Express Edition distributed with Procare version 10.2)
- SQL 2014 (SQL Express Edition distributed with Procare version 10.3 – expected spring 2018)
Using Your Own SQL Database
- Your Own Database: (Optional) You may use your own SQL database. Procare will work with SQL 2008 R2, 2012, 2014 and 2016. (Important! Procare 10.3 will require SQL 2014 or 2016 – expected spring 2018)
- Support for Your Database: When using your own database, support is very limited. Procare Support cannot act as your database administrator (DBA). You are responsible for access and permissions to your database.
- File Location: Procare is installed to the ‘Program Files’ directory on drive C of the local machine; for example C:\Program Files\Procare. For the non-Cloud version of Procare, if you are using your own SQL Server, the database will install to the default location configured within SQL.
Apple / Mac Computers
Procare is a Windows application. You can utilize a program like Parallels to create a virtual Windows PC on your Apple PC, and that will allow you to install Procare. Also, you can use a program called Boot Camp to set up a separate partition for Windows to utilize Procare. See: Will Procare run on my Mac? Note: Your support will be limited if you set Procare up this way.
Procare Cloud is a service that stores your data on our cloud servers.
- Required Internet Connection: a high speed broadband (cable, fiber, DSL) connection. Satellite and other forms of wireless internet (including cell phone hot spots) aren’t stable enough for Procare to function properly on the cloud.
- Required ping rates and bandwidth:
- Maximum ping rate to Southern Oregon: 120ms
- Minimum available bandwidth: 1.5 Mbps/download, 0.5 Mbps/upload
- iOS (iPads, iPhones)
- Android tablets & phones
- Amazon Fire tablets
- Desktop computers (through your browser)
See additional information on Security for Tuition Express, Procare Cloud and MyProcare.
- Centralized database capability (multiple locations hosted in the same database)
- Requires Procare client software to access the database – not exposed through a simple file share or Remote desktop connection (RDP).
- Database does not store any credit card or bank account numbers. These are stored separately on a different server.
- Hierarchical configuration with granular control over User Groups and permissions.
- Passwords are created by each individual user (not by a supervisor) and are never visible to anyone.
- System Supervisor can see who’s logged in and kick users off system (or send log off requests).