Make hardware connections and configure software options for the serial Door Controller.
The serial Door Controller connects to your check-in computer and your electrically operated interior door. When a person completes the check-in process, the door circuit receives a signal from the door controller to buzz the door open.
Before You Begin
Install the Procare “Client” software on the check-in computer. This could be any standard computer or a Procare Touch computer. You’ll need the Procare Check-In program running to set the options needed for the Door Controller.
Set Software Options & Test Controller
You will need to choose settings such as the Comm Port used by the Door Controller.
At the Check In computer:
- Dbl-click the Procare Check In shortcut on your computer desktop.
- Dbl-click anywhere in the gray border area around the logo (or press Esc on your keyboard) then click Options.
- Click the Hardware button (right side).
- Under Automatic Door Controller:
- Choose the computer Comm Port to which the Door Controller is attached.
- Set the Duration (time you’d like the door to stay open).
- Pick the Delay (time to wait before the door opens). The farther the door is from the check in computer the longer the delay should be. A setting of “off” means there is no delay, in other words the door would buzz right away after someone completes the check in process.
- Click the Test button to confirm the door opens. Your door circuit must be attached to the Door Controller and both the door strike and controller unit must have power.
- Check the box next to Authorized Pick Up and/or Employee if you wish to require a person to check in/out in order to open the door.
Explanation: For staff you would often leave this unchecked so they could open the door as needed throughout the day. See: How to Buzz Door without Checking In