Learn how to set up Tuition Express and your check-in computer, so families may make payments through the check-in screen.
Before You Begin
- Make sure you are on version 10.2.4461 or higher. If not, just download the latest Online Update.
- You must be registered for Tuition Express.
- You’ll need a credit card reader, such as the one integrated with the Procare Touch Computer, or order a USB card reader separately from Tuition Express.
- Download the Tuition Express Configuration Assistant and confirm your settings include the following (see image below). If you make any changes, click Update > Exit.
Requirements for Parents (Payers)
In order for parents (or any payer on a family’s account) to make a payment at the Check-In screen or a Payment Station:
- The Payer must have an email address on their Person Information screen. This is necessary to email a receipt.
- The Payer must be Registered for Checking In. Note: Even if they are not marked as a pickup person (on the Child Relationships screen), they can still register, but will be limited to making payments; they will not be able to check children in/out.
Enable Payments at Check-In
- At the Check-In Options screen place a in the Allow Payments box (near the bottom).
- To simplify the menu options for payers, we also suggest you do not display accounting in the Family Data portion of the setup.
- If you want payment receipts emailed to the Primary Payer (instead of the email address of whoever pays the account that time), check the Use Primary Payer Email box.