Create groups and then assign Procare Users (the people who use Procare) to a particular group. User Groups may have limitations set to prevent people from performing certain tasks. A single center with just a few employees might only have two or three groups. A large center or child care chain might have dozens of groups.
- From the Procare Home screen go to Configuration > System > Locations & Users.
- Dbl-click User Groups & Limits.
The System Supervisor is always the highest group level and cannot be limited in any way. This is the group to which a center owner or IT manager would be assigned.
Other groups may be named anything you like such as Regional Manager, Director, Teacher, Aide, Staff, Student Intern, etc.
Hierarchy (order of the groups)
The order of the groups is important. Groups in a higher position can change or add users at lower levels only, provided their Group has permission to add / edit users.
Example of group order:
Assume you had four groups: System Supervisor, Director, Teacher and Aide. The Director could add people at the Teacher or Aide level, while a Teacher could add people at the Aide level only.
Add a New Group
- Click the blank line at the top of the screen and enter a User Group Name like “Director”.
- Add a Comment to describe the group (optional).
- Tap Enter (on your keyboard) to display a new blank line. The new group will appear at the bottom of the list.
- Change the order of Groups using the Up & Down arrows.
Assign Limits to a Group
- Click once on the Group Name to select it.
- Click the Group Limits button.
- Place a check next to an item like 20: Remove Account to block (prevent) persons in that Group from performing that task.
Check All: Check a top level item like Family Data & Accounting, or a mid-level item like Account Data Functions, to block all settings within that category.
Copy Limits: Use the Copy Limits button to duplicate limits set on one group as a starting point for the group on which you are working. If you already have limits set for a group called “Teachers” you could copy those limits to a group called “Teacher Aides”.
Search for Limits: Press Ctrl+F on your keyboard to bring up a search box. Type a term, like “child” and press Find to highlight all limits with that term in their name. You may need to scroll down the screen to see them.
- Click Save > Exit.
Assign People to a Group
Go to the Procare Users screen to assign each person to a group, or to change them to a different group.