Planned release date: February 19, 2020
NEW FEATURES & ENHANCEMENTS
New! – Support for new 2020 format of the W4 (Payroll customers) [ref: 5343]
The Federal Government redesigned the W4 (also known as Form W-4) that employees fill out in order to better determine the amount to withhold for income tax from each payroll check. See: Frequent Questions about W4s. This is a two-part release:
- Feb. 19: This Procare release sets the stage to accommodate either the 2019 or 2020 format for W4s, but you’ll need updated tax tables (see next item) to begin using the new 2020 format.
- Feb. 24: Updated tax tables will be available to complete the transition to the new (optional) W4 format for 2020. If you’re a Payroll customer, you’ll see a notice on your newsbar with instructions. See: Download Mid-Year Tax Table Changes.
FIXED & RESOLVED ISSUES
Reports & Data Viewer
- Time Card Variance – Fixed an issue with the Employee Time Card Variance report that occurred when a staff person had more than one set of in/out times on their time card per day (such as when clocking back in after lunch). You’ll find this report under Reports > Standard Reports > Employee Data > Time Card Summary > Employee Time Card Variance. [ref: 4846]
- Predictive Enrollment Report – Fixed an issue with the way the child’s age was calculated on the report named Detailed Classroom Predictive Enrollment w/ Schedule. Previously age was calculated from the computer’s date, rather than the dates you selected for the report. You’ll find it under Reports > Standard Reports > Family Data > Classroom Schedule. [ref: 4965]
- Region Budget Summary – Resolved an issue that prevented the Region Budget Summary from being run, saying: “Error in File EL_BudgetReport02… Failed to retrieve data from the database… Database Vendor Code: 213”. You’ll find this report under Reports > Standard Reports > Expenses and Ledger > Budget Summary. [ref: 5503]
- Bank Account Register – Resolved an issue that prevented the Bank Account Register report from being run, saying: “Error in File EL_Corp_BankAccountSummary01… Failed to retrieve data from the database… Database Vendor Code: 213”. You’ll find this report under Corporate Reports > Standard Reports > Expenses and Ledger > Bank Account Register. [ref: 5504]
- Letter Merge – Email with multiple children: When a letter included child information (and there was more than one child in the family–so separate letters would be created for each child) the letters worked fine if they were printed, but caused an error when trying to send by email that read, “Bulk Email: An item with the same key has already been added.” [ref: 5246]
- Data Removal Utility: Fixed an issue where the download used to remove unwanted data from Agency Accounting (known by it’s download code of DC03) could also unexpectedly remove Family Accounting entries from the child’s Billing Box. For a list of all utilities, see article: Download Procare Support File. [ref: 5299]