Drop In Contract Billing works very much like Automated Contract Billing except that, rather than charging all families at once, only the selected family receives a charge. This way the charge may be posted at the time a child is picked up which is ideal for drop in care.
- Look Up the family you wish to charge.
- From the Functions menu select Family Accounting > Drop In Billing Procedures > Contract Billing.
Drop In Contract Billing
- Mark the Contract Cycle(s) you wish to process at this time like Daily or Hourly.
- Select a Date for “Children Enrolled As Of”. This will include only actively enrolled children in the selected family.
Note: Their Enrollment Status as of that date must be “Enrolled”.
- Choose a Post Date. This is the date the transaction will be recorded on the Account Ledger Card. If you are billing for today’s drop in charges then choose today’s date.
Note: The “Enrolled As Of” Date and the Post Date should usually be the same.
- Enter a Comment if needed. In most cases you’ll leave it as [Comment] which will use the individual comment from each child’s Billing Box.
- Enter an Amount Multiplier for the number of days or hours for which you are billing.
Example: If you were billing for 1 day (using a “Daily” contract cycle) the multiplier would be 1.00, but if you were billing for 5 hours (using an “Hourly” cycle) it would be 5.00, which would charge five times the hourly rate.
- Click Next.
- Select the items you wish to process and make any necessary changes to the Amount column.
Hint: Place a check in the column header to select all items.
- Click Post. Then Exit.