Send email to all families who are set up for TuitionExpress batch (recurring) payments.
Before You Begin
Before you send email through Procare you must Set Up Email Options.
- Optional: Use the Select Filter to include only the families to whom you wish to send this email, such as those with children who are currently enrolled. You’ll be able to choose individual people from the filtered list before sending the email.
Note: By default only Tuition Express families are included. Use the Select Filter if you wish to further limit the families to include.
- From the main screen of Family Data & Accounting go to Tuition Express > Email Tuition Express Accounts.
Email Tuition Express Accounts
At the Email Tuition Express Accounts screen:
- Enter a Subject Line for the email.
- In the Email Message box type the actual text that will appear in the body of the email. If you are attaching a file it’s a good practice to mention it in the message like: “Attached please find a registration form”.
- To attach a file (optional) click the paper clip button and browse to the location of the file on your computer, such as a .pdf, word document, etc.
Hint: You may need to choose All files (*.*) as the file type if you are attaching something other than a .pdf.
- Editor’s note: this step applies only to non-Cloud customers. For Cloud customers, please skip to the next step. To include info on how to register at TuitionExpress.com (including each family’s unique Tuition Express ID number) check the Include Website Registration Instructions box (lower left).
- Click Next.
- Select the people to whom you wish to send this email. You may select the Primary and/or Secondary Payers (usually mom and dad). Check the box at the top of the column to select everyone in that column.
Note: Names shown in red either do not have an email address or the address is not in a valid format. These people cannot be selected.
- Select a Log Sheet Type (optional) like “Letter Printed/Emailed” if you want a record of sending this email entered on the Log Sheet of each account.
Note: The contents of the email is not recorded in the log, just the fact that the email was sent.
- Click Send.
Note 1: A record of the message should appear in your email “Sent” folder. The message is sent as a Blind Carbon Copy (BCC) so people receiving the text cannot see anyone else to whom it was sent and just one email appears in your “Sent” folder.
Note 2: If you are using Outlook, you may get a message that a program is trying to send email on your behalf. Be sure to answer Yes.
Outlook Asks to Send Over & Over
You may find that Outlooks asks repeatedly for permission to send each individual email. This is a function of Outlook and is not controlled by Procare. However, you may choose to install a third party utility. See article Advanced Settings for Outlook.