In rare cases, you may want to export a payroll withholding formula. This would be useful if you had multiple locations (with completely separate Procare installations/separate databases) and wanted to export a formula from one and import it to another.
- From the Procare Home screen click Configuration > System.
- Go to Accounting Management > Payroll > dbl-click Payroll Formulas.
Export a Withholding Formula
- At the Payroll Formulas screen select the Category from which you wish to export (upper left). In most cases this will be the “General” withholding category.
- Click once on the existing formula you wish to export.
- Click Export Formula (bottom center) and browse to a convenient location on your computer (such as your Desktop) where you can easily find it later.
- Take the file (or email it) to the location at which you wish to import it. The file name will end in .PFD, such as EmployeeChildCare.PFD.
Import a Withholding Formula
- At the location where you wish to import the formula, follow the Getting There steps (above) to return to the Payroll Formulas screen. It doesn’t matter which Category (Federal, State or General) is showing (upper left).
- Click Import Formula (bottom center) and browse to a the location on your computer (such as your Desktop) where the .PFD file resides, like EmployeeChildCare.PFD.
- Once the withholding has been imported, assign it to the appropriate employees on the Employee Withholdings screen.