The change in undeposited payments (whether they went up or down) is shown on the Receivable Journal Summary. The amount is the difference between what was received in payments (by check, cash, etc.) and what was taken to the bank (“closed” in Deposit Reports) during the selected dates. To cross check the amount subtract deposits made from payments received.
- To get payments received, use one of the Charge/Credit Summary reports.
- If you have Agency Accounting go to Standard Reports > Agency Accounting > Charge/Credit Summary. Choose the “Specific Summary – Primary & Agency Accounts”.
- If you have Family Accounting without Agency Accounting go to Standard Reports > Family Accounting > Charge/Credit Summary. Choose the “Specific Summary – Primary Accounts Only”.
- To get deposits made, go to Standard Reports > Family Accounting > Deposit Report. Choose either the “Deposit Report Summary” or the detail format.
- Subtract the deposits (step 2) from the payments received (step 1).