Editor’s note: This article applies to Procare versions 2020.2 and earlier. See How to Check In if you are using 2020.3 or newer.
This article describes how to check children or employees in using a check-in computer (or touch monitor).
Before you check in a child
In order to check a CHILD in:
- The child care provider will:
- The PICKUP PERSON must Register to Check In.
How to check in a child
Before an employee checks in
In order to check an EMPLOYEE in:
- The employer will:
- Issue a Temporary Registration Number to each staff person.
- Confirm the staff person is employed as of today (see Employment Status) and has a Primary Work Area and School location (on the Information & Relationships screen).
- Assign a Schedule if using the Option to “Restrict Check In / Out to Schedule”.
- The STAFF PERSON must Register to Check In.
How an employee checks in
How an employee checks both their child and themselves in
- Enter the identification requested. Depending on which Option your provider (or employer) has selected, one of the following must be used.
- If you are eligible to check-in BOTH children you are authorized to and yourself as an employee, select the desired option from this screen (when you have completed the first option chosen, you will return to this screen to perform the other option, if desired):
- Select the children (or Employee) to check in / out so the button says they “will be checked in” (or out). View any items that may be available like Accounting, Schedules, Immunizations or Messages.
- Employees will also confirm/select the Work Area and Pay Code to use for check in.
- Messages MUST be viewed before the check-in process can be finished. Learn how to Send Messages.
- If you’re using the option to “Automatically check children in” then you would select any children you did not want to check in or out.
- Choose Finish (image above – bottom right). A confirmation screen will be displayed and the check in / out time will now appear on the Child’s Time Card or Employee Time Card.