This article is intended for persons who wish to install the Procare Licensing Service on a computer separate from the one hosting your database. This may only be done when using your own SQL Server to host the data. If you are using the SQL Express Edition ( with Procare) the Licensing Service must be installed on the same computer as the database.
Choose a Computer to be your Licensing Server
Go to the computer on which you want to install the Licensing Service. This service is always installed to the local machine (the computer from which the installation is launched).
- Log on to the computer with local “Administrator” privileges and close all programs.
- Follow the Advanced Installation instructions. When you get to the Advanced Setup screen:
- Check the box for Licensing Service.
- If this computer will also be used to run Procare check the box for Client Computer / Workstation as well. The Client software is also installed to the local machine (the computer from which the installation is launched).
- If you have not yet installed the database choose Use Your Own Database Server. The database may be installed to a different computer using your credentials.
Note: At the SQL Server make sure you have Named Pipes enabled during installation.
- Click Next and follow the on screen instructions.