Trouble-shoot Keyless Entry System communications errors when you try to Transmit Codes or Monitor Codes.
When attempting to Inquire, Transmit Codes or Monitor Codes from the Keyless Entry Program on your computer, you encounter problems or error messages similar to the following:
Step-by-Step Trouble-shooting Procedures.
- Begin by verifying the connection and physical condition of the communications cable (telephone style 4-wire) running from the Relay Box to the computer. If it is unplugged on either end, that is the problem. If it is damaged you may replace it with a standard telephone cable, but it must be a 4-wire cable.
Note:Occasionally the cable might have inadvertently been replaced by someone such as a maintenance or repair person with the wrong type of cable, so it is important to verify the type and integrity of the cable first.
- If the communications cable is the correct type, is not damaged and is firmly connected, insure the adapter connections are firmly in place:
- Using a USB Serial Port Adapter: The beige colored RJ-11 (telephone style connection)-to-DB9 (9 pins) serial port adapter must be connected to a USB to serial adapter. In addition, the USB to serial adapter must be firmly connected to a USB port on the back of the computer.
- Using a Built-In COM port: The beige colored RJ-11 (telephone style connection)-to-DB9 (9 pins) serial port adapter must be connected firmly to the serial port (COM1 or COM2) on the back of the computer.
- If all hardware appears connected correctly, try each Com Port listed in the KES program:
- Open the KES software by going to Utilities > Procare Extras > Keyless Entry System. Click the Options button.
- In the upper left corner, select one of the listed COM ports:
- Click Save and Exit.
- At the main Keyless Entry program screen click the Transmit button in the lower right-hand corner.
- Next, click the Inquire button.
- A successful inquiry will result in output something like this:
- Try rebooting the computer. After rebooting try the Inquire operation again. If the Failure message displays again, then continue.
- Remove power from the Relay Box.
- If the Relay Box is powered by a plug into a standard wall outlet then unplug it for 1 minute. Plug it back in and try the Inquire function from within the Keyless Entry program again.
- If the Relay Box is hard wired to your electrical system then turn off the appropriate circuit breaker for 10 seconds. Reset the circuit breaker. Wait 1 minute and try the software again.
- If you are unable to remove power another option is to disconnect the keypad cable from the Relay Box. The port on the relay box is clearly marked “keypad”. Wait 10 seconds and plug the cable back in. Wait 1 minute and try the software again.
- If the error conditions persist please Contact Support.