Once your basic vendor information has been entered you’ll want to know how to look up or search for a vendor.
Look Up a Vendor
The easiest way to look up a vendor is to use the alphabetical list of Vendors on the left side of the screen. Vendors are listed alphabetically by company name (see hint).
- Type the first few letters of the vendor’s name in the Name Filter box (upper left) just above the list of vendors.
- Click once to select the vendor you wish to work on or dbl-click their name to open the Edit Vendor screen.
Hint: Vendors are sorted alphabetically. Change to reverse alphabetical order by clicking the Name heading at the top of the list.
Search for a Vendor at this Location
- Click the Search button (binoculars) on the toolbar.
- Choose the type of thing you want to find (contact name, address or phone).
- Type in the item for which you are searching (the person’s name, address or phone) and click Find.
- Dbl-click the name in the Results to go to their screen.
Search all Locations, Filter Vendors
If you have multiple locations you may wish to Search All Locations at once. Another handy feature is the ability to Filter Vendors so only certain vendors are displayed on screen.