Once your basic family and child information has been entered you’ll want to know how to look up a family or search for a particular person.
Look Up an Account (Family) or Child
The easiest way to look up a family is to use the list of Accounts on the left side of the Family Data screen. Families are displayed alphabetically based on their Account Key (see hint).
- Type the first few letters of their Key (typically their last name) in the Key Filter box (upper left).
- Click the account you wish to work on.
- If you are working child information, click once on the child’s name to select them.
Hint: On the list of accounts click the “Key” header to sort alphabetically. Click the “Balance” header to sort by amount due. Click the header a second time to sort in reverse order.
Search for a Person at this Location
- Click the Search button (binoculars) on the toolbar.
- Choose the type of person or thing you want to find (child, payer, other relationship to child, address or phone).
- Type in the thing for which you are searching (the person’s name, address or phone) and click Find.
- Dbl-click the person’s name in the Results to go to that account.