Choose settings for this particular computer such as which printers to use with Procare and the default Documents Folder in which to look when attaching documents to a child, account, etc. This is also the place to choose to show or hide the Procare holiday logos that appear at various times throughout the year.
From the Procare Home screen go to Configuration > Machine. These setting are specific to each individual computer on which Procare is installed.
At the Machine Specific Options screen pick a printer related item from the Options drop down list (described below). Then select both a printer and font. You may use the computer’s default printer or uncheck Default Printer and click Choose a Printer to select a different one.
- Account Payment Receipt – Printer used to print receipts when a payment is recorded in Family Accounting. If you’re using a Zebra printer check the “Is Zebra Printer” box and specify the size (2 or 4 inch). You must go to Receipt Options to turn receipt printing on.
- Check Printing – Printer used to print checks from Payroll or the Expenses/Ledger modules. The Printer Offset may be used to adjust the left margin (Offset X) or top margin (Offset Y).
- Letter Merge – Printer used to print letters from the Merge Letters feature.
The Documents Folder is the default location used when you Attach a PDF Document to a child, account, etc. This is helpful if most documents you attach are located in a particular folder on your computer or network.
- At the Machine Specific Options screen choose Documents Folder from the Options drop down list.
- Click Browse and select the appropriate folder.
Receptionist Door Controller – Comm Port (serial) version
If you are using the Receptionist Check In feature and have a Comm Port (serial) version of the Automatic Door Controller attached to this computer, you’ll want to set the following option.
- Be sure the Door Controller is connected to the computer and an electrically operated interior door per the Door Controller Instructions.
- At the Machine Specific Options screen choose Receptionist Door Controller – Comm Port from the Options drop down list.
- Select the Comm Port used to communicate with the door controller such as COM1.
- Choose a Duration (length of time the door will buzz once check in is complete).
- Click Test to confirm the door controller is operating properly.
Receptionist Door Controller – Network Version
- Be sure the Door Controller is connected to the computer and an electrically operated interior door per the Network Door Controller instructions.
- At the Machine Specific Options screen, follow the instructions called Receptionist Settings and Test.
Holiday Logo / Holiday Images
Five days before a number of predetermined holidays the “Penguin” logo that appears at the Procare Home screen (and the splash screen when launching Procare) may change to reflect a holiday such as St. Patrick’s Day and the 4th of July, among others. These images are intended just for fun, however, you may choose to turn this feature off.
- At the Machine Specific Options screen choose Holiday Images from the Options drop down list.
- To preview the images click View Images then use the left/right arrows to move through the images.
- To disable the images place a check in the “Do NOT show Holiday Images” box.
Note: Remember, these settings are specific to each individual computer on which Procare is installed.