If the same person is entered as a Procare User multiple times, you may merge the duplicates with the main user you wish to keep. This could happen if you mistakenly entered the user multiple times or through a conversion from version 9.1 to Procare v10, if you imported multiple locations.
Before You Begin
Make a Backup, as a precaution, in the event you want to get back to the way things were beforehand.
What Happens When Users are Merged?
They are combined into a single user, which affects the following items:
- The User Group becomes the group of the user you choose to keep.
- The user is exposed to the same locations as the user you choose to keep.
- Records made by them as separate users, such as on Ledger Cards, Time Cards, etc., will show as all being done by the user you choose to keep.
How to Merge Users
At the Merge Procare Users screen:
- Choose the Primary Procare User, that is, the user you want to keep. You can look them up by typing a few letters of their Name or Identifier. Click once on their name to select them, then click the right arrow button (>) to place it on the Primary Person list (upper right).
Hint: Use the left arrow button (<) to remove the Primary Procare User and select someone else as the primary instead.
- Select the person you want to merge into the Primary Procare User. Click once on their name to select them, then click the right arrow button (>) to place them on the Merge Procare User list. You can only merge one user at a time.
In the image below there are two Mary Smiths. We’re keeping mary 1 (identifier of ‘mar1’) and merging mary 2 into her (identifier of ‘mar2’).
Hint: Use the left arrow button (<) to remove a user from the list.
- Click Process, then Exit.
Note: If the two users were entered into Procare as two different people, you’ll get an alert telling you they are not the same person. In that case, you would likely want to use the Remove Duplicate People utility to get rid of the extra occurrence of the person.