Pay Codes are used to describe the type of work a person does or position they hold like director, assistant director, head teacher, assistant teacher, etc. You’ll also include benefit categories like vacation, sick, unpaid absence, training and so forth.
- From the Procare Home screen click Configuration > System.
- Go to Accounting Management > Employee Data > dbl-click Pay Codes.
Pay Codes / Job Title
- To create a new Pay Code:
- Name: Click the top (blank) line and enter a name for the Pay Code, like “Admin Assistant”.
- GL Account: Assign it to an expense account number from your Chart of Accounts, like “5050.00 Payroll – Administration”.
- Overtime: By default, new positions are marked to qualify for overtime pay. If this position does not qualify for overtime (for example, because it will be a benefit, like “Personal Time Off”), then remove the check mark from the Pay OT box.
- Active: In most cases, the Active box should be checked, indicating this is a current position that is actively in use and available to assign to employees.
- Tap Enter (on your keyboard) until a new blank line appears and continue adding new Pay Codes.
- Use the Up & Down arrows to change their order as needed, then click Save > Exit.