Choose account numbers (GL Numbers) that go with each payroll withholding such as 2010.00 Federal Tax Liability.
Before You Begin
You must download Federal and State tax formulas and create any additional withholdings for things like health insurance, employee child care, retirment plans, etc. See article: Payroll Formulas
- From the Procare Home screen click Configuration > System.
- Go to Accounting Management > Payroll > dbl-click General Ledger Assignments.
General Ledger Assignments
Choose account numbers (GL Numbers) that go with each withholding. Most should be assigned to a liability account, but there may be cases (such as child care paid by an employee) where a revenue account is appropriate. Account numbers are created in your Chart of Accounts.
At the General Ledger Assignments screen:
- Select a Category, like Federal from the drop down list (top left).
- Assign a GL Account number to each item in the category such as Federal EIC, Federal Income Tax, etc.
- Click Save.
- Repeat for the State and General categories.