The Person Search screen is used to add an existing person who is already in your database. This may be useful when adding a child, payer, authorized pickup, employee, Procare user, etc. Examples:
- Add a child to more than one family account (divorced parents, etc.).
- Add the same authorized pickup to more than one child.
- Add the same doctor or dentist to more than one child.
- Add a Procare User who is already an employee.
- Add an employee who is already a Procare User.
- Add a vendor who is already a payer, authorized pickup or employee.
You may access the Person Search from a number places depending on whether the person you are adding is a child, payer (parent/guardian), Procare user, employee, or vendor. Common ways to get there are to add an existing child to another account (divorced parents) or add an existing person as a relationship to a child (authorized pickup, etc.).
For example to add an existing child to an account:
- Look Up the Account
- Click the Child menu (top left) and choose Add Child > Add Existing Child.
- Type in something to search for such as the person’s last and/or first name, address or phone and click Find.
- If the appropriate person is displayed under Search Results click once to select their name, then click the Select button to add them (or just dbl-click their name). If you see the same name more than once and there should only be one person record by that name, you may need to Remove Duplicate People.
- If the person for whom you are searching is not found you may click the New Person button (lower right) and enter their Person Information from scratch.