Procare Network Status
- – Operational
- – Maintenance
- – Issue
Known Issues and Resolutions
Parents with AOL or Yahoo email addresses are not receiving confirmation codes needed to access MyProcare.
AOL and Yahoo appear to be blocking confirmation emails sent from MyProcare to AOL and Yahoo email accounts.
While we work with those email providers on a long-term solution, we recommend that parents use an alternate email address from another provider, such as Gmail.
Your Procare Touch check-in computer may go into “Recovery” mode with error code 0xc0000001. See the full text of the error and image below.
“Recovery: Your PC couldn’t start properly. After multiple tries, the operating system on your PC failed to start, so it needs to be repaired. Error code: 0xc0000001. You’ll need to use recovery tools. If you don’t have any installation media (like a disk or USB device), contact your PC administrator or PC/Device manufacturer. Press Enter to try again. Press F8 for Startup Settings.”
The second Tuesday of each month, Microsoft releases their latest patches and updates. Computers that run Windows 10 IOT and are set to automatically install these updates can encounter issues where the updates are not compatible with that version of Windows.
Setting Windows to test mode will solve the issue. Please follow these steps:
Steps to fix error 0xc0000001
- Connect a USB keyboard to the Procare Touch computer.
- From the Recovery error screen (image above), press the F8 key, then select option 7 called ‘Disable Driver Signature Enforcement’.
- Your system will start up.
- Press and hold the Start menu button for a few seconds, then release it and a menu will appear (image below). Select ‘Command Prompt (Admin)’, then confirm you want to allow it to make changes to the computer. (If it asks “DO YOU WANT TO ALLOW THIS PROGRAM TO MAKE CHANGES TO YOUR COMPUTER?”, you will need to choose Yes.)
- In the Command Prompt window type ‘bcdedit /set testsigning on’, then press Enter. It should respond that ‘The operation completed successfully.’
- While still at the Command Prompt window, type ‘sfc /scannow’, then press Enter. It will tell you ‘Beginning verification phase of system scan.’ This process may take 30-45 minutes (good time to get a cup of coffee). When done it will say something like ‘Found and repaired corruption’. Reboot the computer and it should start up without a problem.
- Once the SFC scan is complete, you should see the message ‘Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them. (Note: In case SFC states ‘…found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them’, then Contact Procare Support.)
- You may now unplug the keyboard and use the Procare Touch as expected.
The save credit card feature of MyProcare has been temporarily turned off due to issues paying through the Safari web browser used on Apple devices, including iPhones, iPads, and iMac computers. The symptom was that when a parent attempted to make a payment through the MyProcare parent portal, they were redirected to the log in screen and were not able to complete the payment.
Our team is working hard to fix this issue. Once a resolution is established we will post the information here. Thank you for you patience as we resolve this issue.
When attempting to log into MyProcare, a parent may see the following error: “Houston, we’ve had a problem. An unexpected condition was encountered. Our service team has been dispatched to bring it back online.”
This happens when a person closes their browser (Chrome, Edge, Safari, etc.) without first logging out of MyProcare.
While we expect a fix in an upcoming release, for now the solution is to:
- Clear the cache and cookies from your browser (which varies depending on the device and browser).
- Then, log into MyProcare as normal. Important! Remember when you’re done, you MUST actually log out by going to Menu > Logout, don’t just close the browser.
The new Employee Time Card Variance report (released in version 2019.1) may give an error that says, in part: “Error in File ED_EmployeeTimecardVariance… Failed to retrieve data from the database. [Database Vendor Code: 3621]”
Your Time Card Rounding is set to “None”.
While we expect a fix in an upcoming release, for now the solution is to change your rounding to something other than None; for example, change it to 5 minutes or 15 minutes.
Procare Cloud and MyProcare will be unavailable one Sunday each month (see list below) for routine monthly maintenance from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Pacific Time. Once maintenance is complete, simply restart Procare to re-establish your connection. We apologize for any inconvenience. Note: This also affects Procare Web Apps, and the Online Wait List (OWL).
Remaining Maintenance Sundays for 2019
Start: Sundays (as scheduled above) at 7:00 p.m, PT
End: 9:00 p.m. PT.
When a non-Cloud customer attempts to restore a backup on a new computer (for example, when moving Procare to a new server), they may receive the following error:
Database backup FAILED!
The operating system returned the error ’32(The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.)’ while attempting ‘RestoreContainer::ValidateTargetForCreation’ on ‘C:\Program Files\\Procare\Database\Procare.mdf’.
Although a second message may say the restore was successful, it really was not successful. The data will be as it was before you attempted to restore the backup.
The double backslash in the file path (\\Procare) causes the restore process not to be able to locate the backup file.