Set up specific General Ledger account numbers (and amounts) used for each vendor to save time when you record expenses, etc.
- Look Up the Vendor at the main screen of the Expenses & Ledger module.
- Click the Standard Accounts icon (calculator) on the toolbar.
Set Up Standard Expense Accounts (GL Numbers)
At the Standard Accounts screen:
- Select a Checkbook to use for this vendor from your list of active Bank Accounts that are marked as checkbooks.
- To add a new item choose a School location to which the item will be assigned.
- Select a GL Account number from your Chart of Accounts that corresponds to the type of item or service provided by this vendor such as 5005.00 School Supplies, 5030.00 Maintenance, or 5045.00 Rents & Leases.
Hint: Click the Chart of Accounts button to view or print your account numbers for use as a reference.
- Enter an Amount (optional) if you typically pay this vendor the same amount. If the amount varies leave it as zero.
- Tap Enter (on your keyboard) to add it to the list and create a new blank line.
- Continue adding additional account numbers as needed. Use the Up & Down arrows to change their order.
- Check Automatically Import (recommended) to use these as the default settings each time you issue a check to this vendor.
- Click Save > Exit.