Setting up Standard Amounts will save time if most families are charged the same amount for a particular service like “Tuition – Infants”. You may also update rates for everyone at once.
- From the Procare Home screen click Configuration > System.
- Go to Accounting Management > Family Accounting > dbl-click Standard Amounts.
Note: If you have multiple locations remember to use the Change School button to set up Standard Amounts for each location.
Entering Standard Amounts
- Click a tab at the top depending on what type of description you wish to work on like Tuition Charge, Other Charge, etc.
- Enter the Amount for any Descriptions like “Tuition – Infants” for which most families will be charged the same rate. You may always customize the amount later, for a particular child, if needed.
Note: If you generally charge a weekly rate then enter the Standard Amount per week, if most fees are charged monthly then use the amount per month, etc. If the amount varies leave it at zero.
- Click Save > Exit.
Updating Standard Amounts
You may change the standard rate for a particular description (like “Tuition – Infants”) and choose to update all Child Billing Boxes at once with the new rate. This will affect only new items posted from this point forward. Any previously posted items will remain on each Family Ledger Card at their original rate.
Update Amount One Description at a Time
- Enter a new rate for a description. For example you might change a rate from 100.00 to 125.00.
- With that description selected (click once on the line to select it) click the Update button (lower left).
Note: The rate change will affect all children who were assigned that description in their Billing Box. If some children were grandfathered in at old rates you’ll need to go to their individual Billing Box screens and manually adjust the amount.
Update All Amounts at Once
- Enter a new rate for each description as needed.
- Click the drop down arrow on the Update button and choose Update All.
Zero Amounts (with Percentage) Will NOT be Updated
If the amount in a Child’s Billing Box is zero AND the Comment box includes a percentage symbol (%), the Amount will NOT be updated. This is because the percentage is based on the charge line above it and the amount is calculated at the time you run Automated Contract Billing.
Example: The line shown below will not be updated due to having a zero Amount together with a % symbol anywhere in the Comment box.