Sometimes an agency does not pay the full amount expected. Use Adjustment Codes to either write off the remaining balance or transfer it to the family.
- From the Procare Home screen click Configuration > System.
- Go to Accounting Management > Family Accounting > dbl-click Third Party Agency Adjustment Codes.
- To create a new code:
- Click the top (blank) line and enter a short name in the Adjust Code box like “Parent Transfer”, “Agcy Write Off”, etc.
- Assign it to a Credit Description like “Transfer to Private Payer” or “Agency Adjustment”.
- If this adjustment will be used to transfer fees to the family place a check in the Is Transfer box.
- Tap Enter (on your keyboard) a couple of times until a new blank line appears. Continue adding new adjustment codes as needed.
- Use the Up & Down arrows to change the order if needed then click Save > Exit.