The Time Tracker is a free Procare “Extra” used to monitor the length of time children have been checked in during the last 24 hours. The color changes as children approach (or exceed) the number of hours you specify. This may be useful if your policy or government regulations stipulate a maximum number of hours that children, of a certain age, may remain in your care. You may choose two different age groups to monitor.
Before You Begin
You must have Procare version 10.2.4527 or higher installed to use this “extra”. Check for the latest Online Update.
Download the Time Tracker “Extra”
- Log on to your computer with local administrator privileges and close all programs, including Procare.
- When installation is complete, restart Procare.
From the Procare Home screen go to Utilities > Procare Extras > Time Tracker.
Using the Time Tracker
At the Time Tracker Startup screen:
- If you have more than one location choose the location from the Schools list (top).
- Enter the age (in months) at which the first age group ends, for example 18 months, 24 months, etc. The second age group will automatically begin one month later.
- For the first age group, choose the Max Hours (maximum number of hours) a child may be in your care within the last 24 hours. If a child exceeds this threshold their name will turn RED on the list.
- Also for the first age group, Turn on a Warning by choosing the number of minutes ahead of time you would like to be alerted. If a child gets close to the limit (within that many minutes) their name will turn YELLOW on the list.
- For the second age group, choose the Max Hours and Warning minutes.
- Choose how often you would like the results to automatically Refresh.
- Select how the name should be displayed First then Last or Last, First.
- Click Start.
- At the monitor screen the top portion shows the first age group, while the lower portion shows the second age group. RED means they have exceeded the maximum hours; YELLOW indicates they are getting close.