This article covers manual setup as an alternative to using the Tuition Express Assistant. You’ll start by configuring overall settings, such as your Tuition Express account number and payment descriptions, and then move on to Security Settings.
Before You Begin
- You’ll need your Tuition Express Account Number (from the “Congratulations” letter in your Tuition Express packet) to activate Tuition Express.
- Review your existing Charge / Credit Descriptions to confirm you have appropriate Payment descriptions for use with Tuition Express. You’ll need the following items.
|Pmt Tuition Express: ACH Batch||Automated payments from parent checking or savings account.|
|Declined ACH Payment||ACH declined due to insufficient funds, account closed, etc.|
|ACH Return Fee||Used to charge parent ledger for ACH declined.|
|Pmt Tuition Express: CC Batch||Automated payments by credit card.|
|Declined CC Payment||Credit card declined due to over limit, account closed, etc.|
|CC Batch Decline Fee||Used to charge parent ledger for CC declined.|
|Credit Card Refund||Used to refund money to a credit card.|
|Pmt Tuition Express: CC POS||Individual point-of-sale payments by credit card.|
|CC POS Refund||Used for point-of-sale credit card refunds.|
Configure Tuition Express Manually
You must log on as a System Supervisor to perform this task.
- From the Procare Home screen go to Configuration > System > Locations & Users.
- Dbl-click Regions & Schools.
- Click the plus sign (+) next to a Region Code to see the schools in that region.
- Dbl-click the School Name or click once on a School to select it and click the Set Options button.
- On the left choose Family Accounting and scroll down to the Tuition Express section.
- Enter your Tuition Express Account Number for this location. If you have more than one location using Tuition Express each may have its own Account Number.
- Select Payment Descriptions to use for ACH, Credit Card and Point of Sale payments (if applicable). On the left choose Family Accounting and scroll down to the Tuition Express section.
Hint: ACH stands for Automatic Clearing House. In this context it means payments that are deducted directly from a checking or savings account.
- Choose the Bank Account to use for Tuition Express deposits (account that will show on the Deposit Report).
- Enter the Minimum Transaction Amount you want to collect through Tuition Express. If a family’s balance is below this amount they will be skipped.
- Choose “True” if you wish to enable the Allow Batch Comment feature which lets you enter a comment for parent email receipts such as the dates of service. The comment is entered when you process a batch of payments.
- The Allow Processing Date Change feature lets you select a batch processing date up to 14 days in the future. This is helpful if you need to submit a batch ahead of time, for example if you will be on vacation at the time the batch is normally processed. To enable, choose “True”. The date is selected when you submit a batch.
- Select “True” for Automatically Sync Account Balances in order for Procare to automatically update its On Line Balances when a change is made to the family ledger balance.
- The Maximum Transaction Amount allowed for any family is automatically set by Tuition Express.
- The types of Accepted Credit Cards are established when you sign up for Tuition Express and may include some or all of the following: Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover.
- Click Save > Exit.
Note: If you have additional locations using Tuition Express repeat these steps to set them up. When finished click Exit once more to leave the Regions and Schools screen.