Work Areas are the places people work like the Toddler Room, Miss Mary’s Room, Room 1, etc. Work areas include not only classroom names, but other areas like the Front Office, Kitchen or Transportation Shed. Work Areas are assigned to Departments, then Classrooms are selected from the list of Work Areas.
- From the Procare Home screen click Configuration > System.
- Go to Data Management > Scheduling > dbl-click Work Areas.
Set Up Work Areas
- Type the name of a new Work Area on the top (blank) line and assign it to a Department. Then tap Enter (on your keyboard) to get a new line where you may add more work areas.
- Use the Up & Down arrows to change their order as needed then click Save > Exit.
Next: Set up Classrooms from the list of Work Areas you just created.
For Employees: Assign Work Areas to each employee on their Information & Relationships screen.
Copy & Paste to Other Locations
If you have multiple locations with the same Work Areas and/or Classrooms use Copy & Paste.
- Go to the Work Areas screen for a location that has the information you want to copy.
- Click Copy. You’ll be asked if you also want to copy classroom names. Classrooms cannot be copied separately from Work Areas.
- Exit the Work Areas screen. You should be at the System Configuration screen with Work Areas highlighted.
- Click Change School and select a location to which you want to paste the information.
- Dbl-click Work Areas to open the screen for that location then click Paste. If you chose to copy the classroom names you’ll be asked if you want to paste the classroom information too.
Hint: You may paste the same information to another location. Exit the Work Areas screen, click Change School and select another location. Go to the Work Areas for that location and Paste again.