Occasionally you may need to make an agency correcting entry to offset a mistake made when posting an Agency Payment.

Getting There

From the main screen of Family Data & Accounting click Functions > Agency Accounting > Agency Payment Posting.

Correcting Entry

Since a posted agency payment may not be voided or altered in any way, you may first need to post a reversing agency payment to correct the error, then re-post the payment correctly. The process varies depending on the type of mistake you need to correct. Select from the options below:

Payment (or Adjustment) to Wrong Family
Adjustment for Wrong Amount
Adjustment using Wrong Adjust Code
Payment for Wrong Amount
Payment for Wrong Date
Agency Charge was Posted Using Wrong Date