For non-Cloud Customers: We’ll convert your data to Procare from SchoolLeader, Childcare Manager, or other supported child care management systems. Follow these instructions ONLY if you received a link to this page from Procare; otherwise, please Contact Procare Support for assistance.
Step 1: Prepare Your Data
Prepare the data in your current program so it is ready for conversion.
- Close the Accounts: If you are converting from SchoolLeader, it’s important that you close the accounts so each family’s balance is correctly calculated.
- Active/Inactive Families: Make sure all families are correctly marked as active or inactive or whatever terminology your current program uses. This is especially IMPORTANT if you have a “Mini” version of Procare (with a 60-family limit).
- Enroll/Withdraw Dates: Make sure all enrolled children have an enrollment date and all withdrawn children have a withdraw date, even if the family is inactive.
- Date of Birth: Make sure the date of birth has been entered for each child.
- Separate People: Each parent/guardian should be entered as their own separate person. In other words, don’t enter a married couple as though they are a single person named “John & Mary Smith”. Enter them as “John Smith” and “Mary Smith”.
- Employment Dates: Make sure all staff members have a hire date. For staff who have left, they should have a termination date.
Step 2: Answer Two Questions and We’ll Convert Your Data
Once you have competed step 1, our data conversion specialists will convert the data for you (it takes 2-5 business days), but we’ll need your answers to these questions before we can proceed. You have two choices to make:
Step 3: Install Procare
- Download and install Procare. You’ll need the Installation Key Number from your “Welcome” email.
- Log in for the first time (username: admin, password: admin) and run the Setup Wizard (see video: Part 1 – First Time Log In). Hint: Skip the step to add classrooms, those will be converted for you.
Step 4: Access Your Data & Free Setup Call
- You’ll recieve an email once we’ve converted your data. This process takes 2-5 business days from the time we receive your answers from step 2. A Conversion Specialist will arrange to help you import the data into Procare.
- Once your data is in Procare, our Training Team will contact you by email to schedule your FREE SETUP CALL. We’ll help you get off to a smooth start! In the meantime, please continue with the next steps.
Learn how to use Procare. You’ll get more out of your time with our Training Team by learning a bit on your own.