Selecting or changing the date on a Ledger Card depends on these factors:
- For a new entry, the number of days you may post into the past or future is set in Region & School Option screen.
- From the Procare Home screen go to Configuration > System > Locations & Users > Regions & Schools.
- Dbl-click the name of the Region or School depending on whether you want the change to affect all schools in the region or just one.
- At the Options screen, click Family Accounting (left side).
- Under Ledger Card Posting (right side) choose the number of Days Back and Days Forward you want to allow. You also might want to prevent people from going back before a certain cut-off point. To do that, place a date in the Limit Ledger Posting box. For example, if you normally allow up to 365 days back you can set the date to Jan 1st, which is more restrictive and blocks anyone from posting a new entry prior to the 1st of the year.
- If the entry has already been posted:
- In order to make a change the User Group to which you are assigned must not be blocked from the ability to “Modify Posted Ledger Entries” (limit 220.127.116.11).
- If the entry is a payment and a lock appears next to it you may be able to re-open the Deposit Report to which it is attached. See making a Deposit Correction.