Pay Codes are used to describe the type of work a person does or position they hold like director, assistant director, head teacher, assistant teacher, etc. You’ll also include benefit categories like vacation, sick, unpaid absence, training and so forth.
- From the Procare Home screen click Configuration > System.
- Go to Accounting Management > Employee Data > dbl-click Pay Codes.
Pay Codes / Job Title
- To create a new Pay Code:
- Click the top (blank) line and enter a Pay Code Name like “Admin Assistant”.
- Assign it to an expense account number from your Chart of Accounts like “5050.00 Payroll – Administration”.
- If this position qualifies for overtime pay place a check in the Pay OT box. In most cases the Active box should also be checked.
- The Cont Hrs. column ((contracted hours) is to be used only for a salaried non-exempt position. Functionality for this calculation will be included in a future release. The Pay OT box must be checked if you are using this feature.
- Tap Enter (on your keyboard) until a new blank line appears and continue adding new Pay Codes.
- Use the Up & Down arrows to change their order as needed, then click Save > Exit.
Next: Select Benefits Codes from your List of Pay Codes then Assign Pay Codes to a Person