Payroll is the module where withholdings and allowances are set up for each employee and where paychecks are calculated and printed. You may also generate tax deposit reports and other payroll reporting information.
Before You Begin
Before working in the Payroll module be sure you have set up the following items:
- Departments, Work Areas and Classrooms.
- Pay Periods and Overtime which are set in the Employee Data section of Region & School Options.
- Payroll Year and Payroll Checkbook which are set in the Payroll section of Region and School Options.
- Pay Codes and Benefit Codes
Determine the overall settings for payroll including:
Payroll Information for Employees
Once you’ve established the overall settings you’re ready to enter payroll and withholding information for employees.
- After you’ve entered the basic Person Information like name, address and phone number, be sure to assign a Primary Work Area on the Information & Relationships screen and enter a Pay Rate.
- Then assign Withholdings, Credits and Reimbursements to each staff member.
- Now you’re ready to enter Year to Date Payroll information and begin Calculating Paychecks and set staff members up for Direct Deposit (optional).
P.S. Don’t forget to Back Up Your Data each day!