When you select rounding in the Region / School Options screen it affects time cards for children and/or employees and determines the times used in Billing Formulas to calculate the amount a family owes.
When Rounding Applies
The rounding you select (such as to the nearest 15 minute increment) applies for both check in and check out times in the following cases:
- When someone checks in or out DURING your normal Hours of Operation using a computer check in station or Time Clock. For example a person checks out at 3:59 pm, with rounding set to the nearest 15 minutes, would be clocked out at 4:00pm.
- When using the Receptionist Check In feature.
- When using the check-in feature of Drop In Formula Billing.
When Rounding Does Not Apply
The actual time is used (rounding is ignored) in the following cases:
- When someone checks in or out OUTSIDE your normal Hours of Operation (set in Region/School Options) using a computer check in station or Time Clock. For example if you close at 6:00 pm and they clock out at 6:01 pm, the actual time of 6:01 pm is used.
- When an in or out time on a person’s Time Card is manually entered or changed.
- When a group of children or employees are checked in or out using a batch procedure within Family Data or Employee Data, such as Batch Check In / Out or Batch Post Time Card. Note: Applies to version 10.2.4801 and higher only.
- When a person transfers from one classroom (or work area) to another.
How Rounding Affects Time Cards
When you choose to Show Actual times on a Child Time Card or Employee Time Card you’ll always see the exact clock in and out times to the nearest minute.
When you choose to Show Rounding you’ll see how the time is rounded according to your current settings, except for cases when rounding does not apply, such as manual entries, which will continue to display the time as it was entered (not rounded).
How Rounding Affects Billing Formulas
Times entered when rounding applies are also rounded for billing purposes, for example a person might be charged for exactly 4.00 hours instead of 3.98 hours (3 hours, 59 minutes).
Times entered when rounding does not apply are treated exactly as entered, for example a person checking out at 6:01 pm might be charged for exactly 1 minute.