How to transmit child and classroom information from Procare to ABCmouse.com for use with the “Parent Engagement Program” offered through Kid Orange Tech.
Before You Begin
- You must have an account for your center at ABCmouse.com that is part of the “Parent Engagement Program” offered through Kid Orange Tech. Call Kid Orange Tech at 888-906-0671 to speak with one of their educational consultants.
- You must have Procare version 10.2.4024 or higher installed.
Download the ABC Mouse/KidOrangeTech “Extra”
- Log on to your computer with local administrator privileges and close all programs, including Procare.
- When installation is complete, restart Procare.
From the Procare Home screen go to Utilities > Procare Extras > ABC Mouse.
Using Procare’s ABC Mouse Extra
At the Procare – ABC Mouse – Connector screen:
- Enter the Email and Password used for your account at ABCmouse.com.
Hint: If you forget your password click the Forgot Password link (bottom of screen).
- Click Transmit.
What information is sent to ABCmouse.com?
- A list of all Classroom Names.
- The name of each currently enrolled child and their Primary Classroom. This includes all children whose Enrollment Status is “Enrolled”, even if the child is part of a Hidden Account.
- A default teacher for each classroom called “Teacher Name”. You’ll enter the actual teacher names within ABCmouse.com.
- The email address of the first person in the child’s relationship screen that has the “Lives With” box checked. In the example below, the email address would come from Greg Adams.