How to transmit classroom, child, and parent information from Procare to ABCmouse.com for use with the “Parent Engagement Program” offered through Kid Orange Tech.
Before You Begin
- You must have an account for your center at ABCmouse.com that is part of the “Parent Engagement Program” offered through Kid Orange Tech. Call Kid Orange Tech at 888-906-0671 to speak with an educational consultant.
- Exclude Children? If there are specific children you’d like to exclude (not transmit to ABCMouse.com), you’ll want to Create a Child Tracking Item for that purpose and Assign Tracking to those children before you continue.
What information is sent to ABCmouse.com?
- A list of Classroom Names you select.
- The name of each currently enrolled child who has one of those rooms assigned as their Primary Classroom. This includes all children whose Enrollment Status is “Enrolled”, even if the child is part of a Hidden Account. (See above for how to exclude specific children using Child Tracking.)
- A default teacher for each classroom, called “Teacher Name”. You’ll enter the actual teacher names at ABCmouse.com.
- The email address of the first person marked as “Lives With” on the Child Information & Relationships screen (image below). In this example, that would be the email for the mom, Maria Adams. Since the dad, Greg Adams, is the second person listed as “Lives With”, his email would not be included.
Download the ABC Mouse/KidOrangeTech “Extra”
- Log on to your computer with local administrator privileges and close all programs, including Procare.
- When installation is complete, restart Procare.
Select a School and Open the ABC Mouse Extra
- If you have more than one location, use the Change School button at the Procare Home screen to select the location you want to transmit first to ABCMouse.com. Information is transmitted one locaton at a time.
- From the Procare Home screen go to Utilities > Procare Extras > ABC Mouse.
Using Procare’s ABC Mouse Extra
At the Procare – ABC Mouse – Connector screen:
- Enter the Email and Password used for your account at ABCmouse.com. Hint: If you forget your password, click the Forgot Password link.
- Click the Schools button, select the locations you want to be allowed to transmit, and choose Save > Exit. Note: Selecting schools here is a safeguard to make sure you can’t accidentaly transmit a school that isn’t allowed. Only the school you are currently logged into in Procare will be transmitted when you complete these steps.
- Click the Classrooms button, select the classrooms you want to include, and choose Save > Exit
- Optional: If you want to exclude children who have a specific Child Tracking assigned—click the Tracking button, choose a Tracking Item, and Exit.
- Now you are ready to send the information to ABCMouse.com for the location you are currently logged into in Procare. Click Transmit.
- If you want to transmit another school:
- Exit the ABCMouse extra.
- At the Procare Home screen, use Change Schools to select the next school you want to transmit.
- Open the ABC Mouse Extra again (Utilities > Procare Extras > ABC Mouse).
- Repeat the steps above to select Classrooms, choose a Tracking to exclude (if needed), and Transmit.